The Cedar Rod and Gun Club itself does not conduct CPL classes-
But the organization below does offer training on the club grounds.
CCW/CPL Classes presented by: On the Mark Firearms Training, LLC
Successful completion of this ONE DAY course will earn you the certificate you need to apply for your Michigan Concealed Pistol License. Cost is $125.
In one day you will learn:
- mental preparation for worst case scenarios
- how to handle deadly encounters
- the legal aspects of protecting you and your family; use of deadly force
- which firearms may be best for you
- the best ammunition to use in defense of your life
- how to minimize your risk
- to use your surroundings to gain the advantage on your attacker
- how to handle your chosen firearm under stress
- safe storage techniques of firearms and ammunition
- to shoot more accurately and faster than you thought possible
The course has been described as intense and well worth the time and effort. Classes are kept small so that students can receive individual attention from experienced NRA and police firearms instructors. Previous students have come from all walks of life and have been of various ages and physical abilities. Our experience enables us to teach techniques that will work for you, regardless of your personal situation. We will provide references from our graduates upon request.
You must demonstrate competence with a handgun to be accepted. (New shooters can be accommodated if they prearrange to demonstrate their competence with an instructor prior to the class. If you are very new to shooting, our instructors can bring you to the necessary level prior to this class.) Bring the center-fire handgun you intend to carry, 150 rounds of new, factory ammunition (NO RELOADS), eye protection, ear protection and a lunch. Everything else is furnished. “Loaner” handguns are available upon advanced request.
When: See events calendar or call for schedule:
Classes are currently scheduled for- April 22
How to sign up: See contact information below
Contact Mark Stephens (231-922-0258, Home – 231-360-1866, Cell) email- firstname.lastname@example.org